DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
We, the staff of the Department of Computer Application, as facilitators, intend to provide our students with skillful knowledge in Information Technology field, by using latest technological innovations and by applying practical research oriented methodologies, thus enabling them to be competent in the field; thereby moulding them as responsible professionals with social inclination.
“Try not to become a man of Success, but rather try to become a man of Value.”.
– Albert Einstein
Technology leads the present world and influences the way, we humans interact and collaborate with each other. The latest innovations and advancements in the field of computers made it inescapable for a student to choose Computer Application as an integral part of the academics. The relevance and appeal of the subject is also booming day by day. Catering to the diversified needs of the students, the Department aims at sculpting our students not only to become professionals with technical competency, but also to nurture basic human values needed for their development as an integral person with social propensity.
The Department of Computer Application, since its establishment on 2015, is one of the reputed academic departments that provide technology oriented education in the emerging fields of Computer Application and Information Technology. We had our first step here with only nine students and two faculties. Now we, in the sixth year, have turned in to a full-fledged department with overt sixty students and four staff. We are blessed with a team of dedicated faculty striving hard for the all-round development of students. Besides the curriculum, we are enhancing the student academic progress with seminars, workshops, app development projects, panel discussions, industrial visits, etc. Copious opportunities have been given to organize inter-departmental quiz competitions, mega tech fests, etc. and are motivated to participate in various inter-collegiate tech fests bringing laurels to the college. We are proud that our students also excel in their academics with cent-percent results.
Evidently, the Department is at its zenith in moulding our students as future promises with societal obligation and expertise in the IT field.
METHOD OF TEACHING
- It helps to increase the student’s knowledge
- It helps to raise the complete output
- If working in a group, everyone works together making use of the best of their skills to make sure of quality output.
- The experience of each new person is as well added to the group. If the person is working individually, he will not have the support from the other people in the group.
- When working in a group, each one gets the opportunity to come out with their own ideas and suggestions, thus paving way for new methods on how to complete the job, properly.
- It is supposed to be an effective and efficient way of teaching
- Learning through written communication may be easier than learning through oral communication
- Enables users to learn on demand and when they are motivated
- A great way for those that don’t like to read, or attend classes, to improve their knowledge of a specific subject.
- A lot of “learning” at one clip, with most material compressed into two or three days’ worth of time.
- Students can get an awareness about others view point.
- Digital learning helps the students to enlighten the knowledge related to different field
- It helps the students to equip with current technological development
- It also helps that coursework can be refreshed and updated whenever needed.
- Students will get freedom to learn own convenience, and at a pace that is right for them.
- All students have to do a research poster presentation before they actually carry on with their research to make their research concepts and design clear. This will be followed by strict research guidelines.
- The workshop mainly focuses on theory and practical sessions for the students.
- It helps student to improve technical skills and programming knowledge.
- Workshop on Web Application, Network Configuration and trouble shooting was organized for enhancing the technology.
- Computer lab fully equipped with latest software , LCD projector and Printer
- All system with internet facility.
- Every three month updating IT facilities such as Hardware, Software, networking as per requirements.
- The various competitions such as Debugging, Quiz, Predict the output and coding.
- Panel Discussion
- Chart Expo