DEAPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT
The College was established in the year 2015affiliated to Calicut University, Department of Management studiesintends to grow into a first class learning center with state reputation, imparting high quality management education. It has been playing a pioneering role in professionalizing Management education through its B.B.A programme. It plans to branch out to more management courses including the post graduate programmes.
Department of management studies of Bharathamatha College of Arts and Science aims to empower students to identify, analyze and create business opportunities as well as finding solution to business problems, byempowering them with a holistic approach towards management functions and by providing continuous learning opportunities, while practicing ethical standards of business.
I take this opportunity to welcome you from all walks of life and the world to be a part of Management Department. We provide best quality education and training to students for shaping their careers for sustainable corporate world. Along with academics we also trains for potential candidates to face the challenges in life and in their career by providing many value added programmes to enhance their expertise by organizing various events like webinars, seminars, workshops, best manager, marketing game and so on.
Our experienced faculties are the strong pillars of the department whose focus is to empower a diverse community of students to nurture the capabilities, transform their lives through high quality teaching and learning. We also encourage students to organize inter-collegiate management events and make them participate in management events organized by other colleges. We are confident that our current curriculum has enabled the overall development of budding managers to come up with the expectations of corporate world.
On behalf of the department I wish you a very educative journey of completing your degree in our institution.
- To have a thorough understanding of the core aspects of business
- To provide learners with management tools to identify, analyze and create business opportunities as well as solve business problems
- To prepare the students to have a holistic approach towards management functions.
- To motivate the students for continuous learning.
- To inspire and make the students practice ethical standards in business.
- Ability to understand and solve managerial issues.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, to achieve organizational and individual goals.
- Ability to upgrade their professional and managerial skills in their workplace.
- Ability to explore and reflect about managerial challenges, develop informed managerial. decisions in a dynamically unstable environment.
- Ability to take up challenging assignments.
- Ability to understand one’s own ability to set achievable targets and complete them.
- Ability to pursue lifelong learning.
- To have a fulfilling business career.
METHOD OF TEACHING
- Writer’s Workshop
- Chart & Poster Presentations
- Group Discussion
- Digital Platforms
- Seminars & Webinars
- Field Visits
Tutorials is a unique aspect of the educational experience where students meeting individually as in very small groups with a tutor discussing their written work thus honing their oral communication skills and giving them an opportunity to receive constant feedback from their tutor.
- Students can also spend time independently reading and preparing written work for the tutorial (ie. self-directed learning).
- Form a team of 12 – 15 students and discuss the tutorial topics.
- A questionnaire with open and closed question can be prepared and discussed.
- It is encouraging to find that students consider tutorial necessary and important.
- Students have to prepare for the topic repeatedly ensuring that tutorials are held as per schedule.
- Writer’s workshop enhances the writing techniques.
- They are continuously exposed to different writing process.
- Nurturing writing though various activities like independent writing, conferring, guided writing and sharing.
- Students are given opportunities to write in a variety of genres.
- They are helped to foster a love for creative writing.
- The assignments help them concentrate on different styles of writing by different authors.
- Assignment can help the students in their futile research works and projects.
- Writing workshops definitely empowers the student with apt vocabulary and synonyms.
- Writing workshop also helps them develop a good calligraphy.
- Writing workshop gives equal opportunities to all to showcase their natural ability to present their innate talent and language.
- Students will be assigned some topics related to the genre of literature, which they have to come up with attractive charts.
- Poster: Various steps of their research work have to be prepared into a digital poster and a soft copy of which has to be presented in a public event. Discussions and question hour will be done within the group for further clarification of the topic before actual research.
A library spreads knowledge. Every student is taken to the library under supervised librarian they are given different activities to foster their reading skills like.
- Identify and analyze a writer from one age with another.
- Assign students a case study to discuss the research process and core concepts.
- One can talk about stories and novels in a casual environment .
- Each student can come up with reading specified number of books per month.
- Students are free to discuss whatever interest them regarding their readings promoting an appreciation of literacy.
- Read aloud activity that gives children a chance to express themselves audibly before the class activities involving looking up information in book
- Students can complete with each other in a book reading race.
- Held a contest for the best book
- Word scramble game to improve the vocabulary of the students.
- It is a good way to engage the participants in a fruitful discussion.
- Group discussion generates a creative thinking in all participants, something beyond the obvious answers and solution to a specify problem.
- Generate more ideas and structured preventative of atopic.
- Enables profound and in depth understanding of the subject.
- Provides different approaches to a topic.
- Gives a chance to listen, know and understand diverse opinions on a particular matter.
- Improves confidence in a public speaking platform.
- Broaden the outlook of the participants through cross-fertilization and exposure to new and different experiences and ideas and enrich their understanding of the issues under discussion.
- Generate a pile of ideas by examining issues in greater depth, looking at different dimensions of these issues.
- Use of digital platforms such as Google classroom, Google Meet, Google Docs, Neverskip, MOOC and other resources are incorporated for curriculum enhancement
- Add On programs related to their area of research are incorporated into curriculum.
- Students will be provided with digital opportunities such as Language lab; Audio visual room; Wifi facilities etc.
- There will be seminars on relevant topics at least one per month by involving people from the field as well as experts. This seminars and Panel discussions will enhance the horizons of knowledge for all students.
- The students will be doing some hands on learning through Industrial visit
- Charity visits are conducted to enhance the social consciousness and responsibilities among students